Sunday, November 27, 2011

Post Holiday Hurrah rah rahs!!




Happy Sunday all!! I have been on sort of an online vacation - meaning I basically stayed the F off the computer, which you guys noticed because I got some concerned emails!! I also turned off my phone so I'm really slow about returning texts. I will be back in full force tomorrow and I love you ever ever so!!! Thank you for all your love!!

Don't worry about the previous blog posts when I was feeling down, remember, we all get down and just because I put mine out there doesn't mean I'm extra down....I'm doing fine, full of sunshine, and probably in a few months will have something else to whine about but I'm super happy and very optimistic about the upcoming year!!

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for coming out to my stand-up act at The Comedy Zone. I can't tell you how scared I was. I was so catatonic beforehand that some were thinking I wouldn't do it. Including me. You guys, that is SO SCARY!! But I got through it. I think it was clear that I was a newbie.

I was watching the open mic session beforehand and thinking, OMG I can't do this. I can't. All that confidence they have. OMG. So I had champagne. I didn't drink it. I was so freaked out. Marion Karr and his wife are the best. They were so calming to me...my friends and husband where everywhere but I had to stay in the back and wait for the Celebrity show to start.

I found out that you can't even be in the main show unless you graduate from Comedy Zone school, so I was really feeling sick thinking I didn't belong there, why did the owner think I belonged there, I was having all those internal voices telling me not to do it, and Sid Davis, Marion Karr, his gorgeous wife, and Richard Hilyard kept giving me little back pats while I paced. I was so freaked out. No one else looked freaked out. I was so afraid. I was too afraid to even get amped up. I usually get wound up before something I'm nervous about, like before I host events, but I was just still and petrified. It was the scariest thing I'd ever done.

But they clapped. And they laughed. And my friends hugged me, and I think it was a good show. I am not sure I will do that again, but it's something to check off the list, right? Now I would honestly like to maybe audition for some kind of theatrical thing in Charlotte. Not necessarily make the cut, although if I did, I'd have to commit, which is exciting, but I am afraid to do that, so I think I will try that too.

What else? Oh, ofcourse the holiday was nice and the food was great. Ours was relatively quiet, which is how we like things given our fast lifestyle. We did the Turkey Trot at SouthPark which benefitted several local charities, and next on my agenda is the Second String Santa event at the NC Music Factory, which I will be hosting at the Saloon.

There are so many great opportunities in Charlotte to give back, that it really erases all those negative feelings I get sometimes.

Anyways, I love you all and I will be back in full force Monday (tomorrow)
Going grocery shopping now! Just had to respond, there were 38 emails in my box and about 20 unanswered texts asking if I was doing better, so thank you thank you and yes!!! Happy girl here!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At November 27, 2011 at 1:01 PM , Anonymous Josie Mazzaferro said...

I'm glad to hear that it went well, Shannon, and so sorry I couldn't make it!

 

Post a Comment

I fixed the comment settings!! Leave me a little note, a comment, feedback!! Criticism is fine, but hateful or mean comments will be removed. Come on, it takes more time to be a jerk than it does to be a sweetie. Go take a nap and revisit me. Love you, fishies!! <3 SNN

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home