Thursday, October 6, 2011

This is going to be me one day.




Good morning everyone! Well, it's like 1pm but that's ok!!

I often ask this question when I do interviews for whatever article I'm working on for whatever publication.

"At what point did you know that you'd made it"

I think it's only fair that I share this with you.

I felt like I'd made it when I finished therapy after a really heart wrenching divorce.

I knew I'd made it when my new husband said "He Did" and he kissed me with this dramatic dip and then my dad danced with me at my wedding the way I'd always thought I'd been screwed out of by my prior bad decisions.

Every time my kids tell me they love me, it confirms "I made it". However, if there is a picture that you want me to paint, here is my glamorous version.


When I am driving an Austin Healey Bug Eye Convertible (I'll take any color but I really want Candy Apple Red or Sky Blue in that preference) with the top down, flowy scarf on my head (Sky Blue in my vision) with oversized glasses and bright red lipstick a la Grace Kelly is when I will be the star of the painting in my mind that will express to the world that I am a somebody and "I did it" whatever "it" was that day.

I already have a convertible mercedes, and sunglasses, and lipstick, and a scarf, but I want the OLD FASHIONED car, perfect blue scarf and lipstick and I will not put it all together until the car manifests itself. It has to be an Austin Healey Sprite because it looks like a smiling happy face from the front. That is all. And I want a hot air balloon ride too.

That's just me though.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At October 7, 2011 at 3:50 AM , Blogger Tres said...

Hot air balloon I can hook up. You just gotta be in Burque.

 
At October 7, 2011 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love it! I have a similar dream, but it involves a powder blue Camaro and me having a good hair day for once... Even despite the wind! Hahaha!

 

Post a Comment

I fixed the comment settings!! Leave me a little note, a comment, feedback!! Criticism is fine, but hateful or mean comments will be removed. Come on, it takes more time to be a jerk than it does to be a sweetie. Go take a nap and revisit me. Love you, fishies!! <3 SNN

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home