Monday, September 19, 2011

If My Dreams Suck, Then What Should I Follow?




It's no secret I've been having sleep problems lately. I pretty much had to stop blogging because I didn't want to bore you all with the "I'm not sleeping again show". I mean, it's on almost every night. So, I'm going to a neurologist Wednesday because I have headaches all the time and this whole thing may be a side effect of the concussion I got back in March that had me in the hospital 5 days. Yeah, that sucked.

I was getting out of the car, and this cat was sitting there. It looked evil. My stepdaughter said cats aren't evil. I disagreed but went to pet it to tell her I was going to test my faith. The cat was nice and fluffy.

Hey stepdaughter! Look! Look at me pet the cat! It' s evil!! They're not even looking. They're crossing the street now. Well hell, I pet an evil cat and risked my life for nothing! I gather up my purse and phone and carry it like a baby so I can run across the street, when I trip on a wire that's supporting a baby tree and sail face first into the street. Cracked my glasses. Cracked my head. BAM. Cats are evil.
I spent 5 days in the hospital and ordered $1000 in candy for the wedding so I could have a candy buffet. I have barely any memory of this. But whatever.

So these headaches and insomnia may have something to do with that concussion.

The other night , I slept but I had a really weird dream. It started out pleasantly, I made my family dinner. It was chicken pot pies and the crust was all nice and flaky and smelled delicious. Everyone was happy. I sat down to eat with them and then when I put my fork in my chicken pot pie, a giant tarantula crawled out. I freaked out and woke up sweating and couldn't go back to sleep. It was awful.

The next day I dreamed I was cooking, and when I went to lift the lid on the pot of water to see if the water was boiling, a thousand tiny spiders swarmed out all over. I woke up again in a cold sweat, unable to go back to sleep.

A few nights later, I didn't dream of spiders. I had a dream that I was swimming in a lake filled with snakes. Eff this!! Now I don't even want to go to sleep! This is insane!!

So I've been kind of cranky lately and I work solid all day long every day. I'm not even taking new clients now, but that's good.

Is it anxiety? Is it the concussion? I have cut down on the caffiene. Internet research also suggests excercise and lots of water. I am NOT willing to take sleeping pills.

So that's what I've been up to. Anyone had any weird dreams lately? I hate spiders. Blah.

Back to work!! Love you!

shann

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 19, 2011 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Tres said...

Have you tried melatonin? I use it to sleep on my weekends since I sleep at night then. It's no fix all but works decently, it at least makes me drowsy enough I don't toss and turn until 6am.

 

Post a Comment

I fixed the comment settings!! Leave me a little note, a comment, feedback!! Criticism is fine, but hateful or mean comments will be removed. Come on, it takes more time to be a jerk than it does to be a sweetie. Go take a nap and revisit me. Love you, fishies!! <3 SNN

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home