Thursday, June 30, 2011

Welcome to my world (mu ha ha ha!)

Okay, so I'm no newbie at blogging.  In fact, this is my first post here, but I have blog ancestry that reaches back to the days when I had to clock in at a major airline and take abuse off passenges with this crazy sense of entitlement. I was actually pretty good at it.  I mocked said airline , ended up in an office a few times over it but never once got caught because I said I worked "at Wendy's" .  All during that time I was going through a nasty divorce and an equally nasty eating disorder complete with therapy. I chronicled that crazy/sad time in my life, and even got a book deal because of it.   (Halted production on said book because I didn't want my children or other women reading/learning ways to participate in destructive behavior) I have had a blog , in one form or another, since way before Facebook existed and I used AOL on a 14400bps modem.

Let's just all agree that I have a way with words.  Words have helped me through hard times, helped me share happy times, and carried me through times when there is just damn nothing else to do.  (Because the clock just draaaaaags on when you have nothing to do , doesn't it?)   In fact, my most assanine blogging comes from when I find myself bored.  My maturity level drops to about a third grade. A third grader who will laugh at anything and is technologically savvy. 

Once upon a time, I thought my life was over, I thought it wasn't worth living, and I literally gave up.  I attempted suicide twice. I read once somewhere that character is like a photograph;it needs dark times to develop.  I'm not trying to get mushy on you, but once upon a time, I was the same person I am  now with a very heavy heart and some baggage, and that blog made me a mini-celebrity within the airline world, and potentially could have given me financial freedom.

That blog never was published in print and is now closed for viewing. The blog you are reading now is about my new life, how it's turned around and how the same silly girl you all knew before is still there.  Writing is addictive, because it cleanses your soul.  Blogging can get the writing out of your system but it's hard to not become addicted to the feedback, to become a peacock, or performer of sorts and then suddenly, it's hard to tell if the writing is for you or for them.

This writing is for me, but I hope you get a laugh or something out of it.  I'm aware that my antics are somewhat immature, but I know first hand life is too short to let the struggles take you all the way down.  Take your day, make a story out of it, and change the ending tomorrow if you didn't like today.

However you got here, thank you for reading....and if you have mean comments, and you feel the need to post them, just know that you are making yourself look like an asshole and it doesn't bother me. I have a beautiful life now, I never worry about money, or a job, or about the approval of others...I married the love of my life and I am living proof there are second, third, as many chances as you're willing to take....as long as you're willing to take them.  Don't get me wrong, though.  This blog will get pretty silly. I'm sure of it, and I will once again reign as people pass links cubicle to cubicle.  Cuz this is what I rock at. Love you to the moon!

That is all for now....check back often!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I fixed the comment settings!! Leave me a little note, a comment, feedback!! Criticism is fine, but hateful or mean comments will be removed. Come on, it takes more time to be a jerk than it does to be a sweetie. Go take a nap and revisit me. Love you, fishies!! <3 SNN

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home